I forgot to write last time: I’m omitting rivets. I don’t like them. I just tried to replace the pockets on an old pair of jeans, and it became a mess because of rivets. They make repairing and refitting jeans harder. I’m sure they made sense in 1871, but they don’t any more.
Anyways. When I read about sewing I just want pictures pictures pictures, so here they are:
I’m very happy with the front pockets. They are railroad pattern twill from a jacket I bought second hand to use as scraps. Should last forever. (And if they don’t I can easily replace them because there are no rivets.) I did a French seam on the back first, but I have since unravelled that seam and just zigzagged and topstiched. It became bulky, and I’d traced the 501’s too faithfully. In the future I’ll straighten the lines of my pattern a bit more before cutting. Now they look nice, and I like the look with no yoke.
Buttons are on the way in the mail. I’m not putting shitty jeans buttons on my nice jeans. YKK makes some without a logo, which goes well with my minimalistic design. More pics soon!!!